All about our centres
What are the centre’s opening hours?
Entry is by pre-booking only.
Check the centre’s webpages or app for session details.
What facilities are available?
Updated: Tuesday 30 March 2021
In line with the latest Government update, we are delighted to share our plans for a phased reopening of leisure centres and sports facilities. Here is the reopening roadmap, so you know what to expect.
- Monday 29 March – outdoor training pitches for football and organised sport. This includes artificial training pitches at selected centres which means we’ll be able to welcome back football leagues, including Littledown Juniors, and organised team bookings. Bookings available online and the app.
- Monday 12 April – gyms, personal training, swimming pools, junior activities and lessons – (bookings available from 10am on Wednesday 7 April 2021)
- Monday 17 May – indoor group exercise classes, adult lessons, sports and selected cafés
- From 21 June – spa facilities, soft play, junior activity timetable and events.
Queen’s Park, Eastney Swimming Pool and Wimbledon Park Sports Centre remain closed, but you will be able to use other centres as part of your multisite membership.
Do I have to be a member to use the facilities?
You do not have to have a membership to use the facilities as you can also pay as you go. If however you are a regular visitor, our multisite membership has lots of great benefits and is great value. Find more more about our membership packages and what’s included or come and have a chat with us in centre.
How do I book a football pitch
How do I pay as you go.
At the moment all pay as you go activities have to be booked and paid for in advance.
You can do this either on the BH Live Active app – or online.
How do I book onto an activity?
Right now booking a gym, session, swim or class place before you visit is essential – you will not be able to walk in and do an activity without a booking. This is to help keep everyone safe by limiting the number of people in our centres at any one time.
Members can book up to 7 days in advance and pay as you go customers can book up to 5 days in advance. Gym, swim and classes sessions can be booked online at: https://my.bhliveactive.org.uk/Connect/ or by downloading the BH Live Active Mobile App (Apple Store and Google Play).
How do I cancel a class?
If you have booked onto a class you can’t attend, you must cancel at least two hours before the class is due to start. If your class takes place before 9am you may cancel up to one hour.
How to cancel:
- You can cancel via the BH Live Active app, using the ‘manage my bookings’ tile.
- Alternatively, you can cancel online
Where can I find out more about swimming lessons?
To find out more about swimming lessons please visit our swim section.
To check availability or to speak with our swimming academy team, please select a region and send us an enquiry form.
Where can I find out more about gymnastics lessons?
To find out more about gymnastics lessons please contact us using this form and a member of the team will get in touch with you.
How do I enquire about tennis lessons?
To find out more about tennis lessons please contact us using this form and a member of the team will get in touch with you.
Will I have to queue outside to get in?
There may be a queue when you arrive, but we anticipate that we will be able to move people into the centre quickly. At this time, entry is only permitted if you have pre-booked a session or activity.
What hygiene etiquette should I be following?
All customers are asked to maintain high levels of personal hygiene to keep both themselves and others safe. This includes:
- Wearing a face covering in indoor public / communal areas
- Washing and sanitising hands regularly
- Covering coughs and sneezes with tissues and disposing of them in a bin
- Maintaining a social distance with others
- Wiping down machines and equipment with wipes and sanitiser provided after every use
- Bring your own filled water bottle and exercise mat for studio classes
- Avoid any unnecessary contact with surfaces
- Not congregating with others before and after sessions
Do I have to wear a face covering?
We are doing all that we can to help protect everyone and keep our centres open. If you are coming into the centre, please wear a face covering when:
- entering our centres and in public / communal areas
- in our cafés (unless seated to eat and drink)
- spectating an indoor activity such as swimming, gymnastics and trampoline lessons.
You are not required to wear a face covering:
- While taking part in a fitness activity; for example, a gym session, swim, sport or fitness class
- If you are spectating outdoors
- Or if you fall into any other group exempted by Government advice; such as children under 11 or if you have a medical condition.
I have a question that isn’t covered here – who can I contact?
If there’s something we’ve not covered here, please ask in centre when you visit.
Alternatively you can contact us via our online form and we’ll come back to you as soon as we can.