To encourage more people to get involved in sport and be more active BH Live is launching Walking Netball at Mountbatten Leisure Centre, Portsmouth.
Walking netball is a slower version of the game suitable for anyone to play regardless of age or fitness level; from those who have dropped out of the sport due to injury or those who believed they had hung up their netball trainers many years ago.
A launch session will run at Mountbatten Leisure Centre on Monday 4 June 2018 between 11-12noon and will be free for all to attend.
It will then run on Mondays (excluding bank holidays) on a £3 per session pay-as-you-go basis.
BH Live is working with England Netball to deliver the sessions and is encouraging people of all ages and abilities to give it a go.
Book onto the sessions by calling Mountbatten Leisure Centre on 02393 200 401 and find out more other activities at bhliveactive.org.uk.
Notes to Editors:
Walking Netball at Mountbatten Leisure Centre – starts Monday 4 June 2018:
- Takes place every Monday (excluding bank holidays) between 11-12noon.
- The first session on Monday 4 June will be free for all to attend.
- Price per session: Pay as you go @ £3 per session
- To book telephone Mountbatten Leisure Centre on 02393 200401
- Free parking at Mountbatten Leisure Centre
For more information about BH Live please contact:
Elizabeth Symmons, PR & Corporate Communications Executive
T: (01202) 055562
About BH Live
BH Live is the south coast’s leading operator of leisure and event venues; a social enterprise that designs and builds engaging experiences to inspire people and enrich lives.
With 3.4 million visits a year and over £39 million turnover we are changing lives and are at the heart of the UK’s growing social economy.
In 2016/17 we had 2.9 million leisure centre attendances, hosted more than 500 events and sold over half a million cultural, sporting and entertainment event tickets. We also welcomed 100,000 conference and exhibition delegates into our venues. This contributed an estimated £44 million to the local economy through business and cultural tourism.
For more visit bhlive.org.uk
Get social with us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter @BHLIVE_UK
BH Live operates the following venues in partnership with Portsmouth City Council:
- Mountbatten Leisure Centre – Portsmouth’s flagship leisure and event venue with a national-class 50m swimming pool, 150 station gym, eight court sports hall, squash, spin and dance studios, a cycle velodrome, athletics track, function suites with bars and café.
- Pyramids Centre – one of Portsmouth’s leading entertainment and leisure venues overlooking Southsea beach and the Solent. It has fun pools, flumes, a wave machine and a three-level soft play adventure world. There is also a multipurpose gym, 60+ weekly fitness classes and a spa. It also hosts regular live music events, conferences, exhibitions.
- Portsmouth Gymnastics Centre – state-of-the-art gymnastics hall, physiotherapy room and meeting room.
- Portsmouth Tennis Centre – A 10 court tennis facility in the north of Portsmouth consisting of four indoor courts and six floodlit outdoor courts. A comprehensive tennis coaching programme caters for all ages and abilities and is the area’s hub of accessible tennis. The programme runs sessions for tots, juniors, adults and also includes variations of the sport such as cardio tennis and touch tennis.
- Eastney Swimming Pool – 20m swimming pool and a spectators’ area.
- Wimbledon Park Sports Centre – 20 station gym, five badminton courts, basketball court and sports hall.
- Charter Community Sports Centre – 20m swimming pool, 20 station gym, sports hall and an outdoor multi-use games area.