Which pools are open?
The following pools have reopened, however spa facilities remain closed for now:
- Pelhams Park
- Corfe Mullen
Pools at Eastney and Pyramids remain closed.
When are your spas reopening?
Due to the small spaces and limited centre capacity, these facilities remain closed for the moment.
We will update our website as soon as they reopen.
How can I see what swimming sessions are available?
Visit our swim timetable either online or via the BH Live Active mobile app.
How do I book a swim?
Right now booking ahead is essential. Members can book up to 7 days in advance and pay as you go customers can book up to 5 days in advance. This is to help keep everyone safe by limiting the number of people in our centres at any one time. See our swim timetable for session availability.
When are swimming lessons starting again?
Swimming lessons at Mountbatten, Littledown, Pelhams, Stokewood and Corfe Mullen have restarted.
As soon as we have information about lessons at other centres we will be in touch with those customers to advise.
When will swimming lessons start again?
Swimming lessons have restarted.
Who can I contact about my swimming lesson?
Please complete our online form and a member of the team will be in touch.
How do I change my swimming lesson?
Use the online Home Portal service.
How do I cancel my swimming lesson?
If you pay by Direct Debit and you are not quite ready to come back and would like to cancel your lessons, please complete our online form.
We are sorry but we’ll be unable to continue holding unattended places due to high demand.
I have lessons at Eastney and Pyramids – what’s happening with those?
Pools at Pyramids and Eastney remain closed until further notice.
If you would like to move your lesson to another centre, please get in touch with us via our online form and a member of the team will be in touch to discuss your options.
What safety measures have been put in place for swimming lessons?
The safety of everyone is our top priority and we are working to Swim England guidelines. Here is an overview:
- We’ve increased and enhanced cleaning regimes throughout all of our centres
- We’ve re-trained our staff on COVID-19 protection measures and are aware of the precautions that need to be taken to ensure our centre remains open and safe
- We’ve increased the signage throughout our centre to show routes around the centre and the areas that are current out of use
- Please wear a face covering when indoors in public / communal areas and when spectating
- Maintain an appropriate social distance between yourself and other customers
- A one-way system is in place. On arrival a member of our team will direct you to your drop off / pick up point.
- Lesson times have been staggered so there will be fewer classes starting and finishing at the same time. Participants are required to arrive swim ready and shower at home. This will reduce the need to use the changing rooms prior to the lesson starting. Once you have finished your lesson, please leave the centre as soon as you can.
- We ask that only one parent/guardian should attend with a child, to reduce the number of people in the building at any one time. Spectator areas differ between each centre/ pool. We politely request that generally parents/guardians of swimmers over 8 years old drop off and pick up from the centre only. If this isn’t going to be possible, please speak with us so we can meet your needs.
- Parents/guardians may be asked to attend lessons in the water with preschool children, centre dependent. The team will be in touch if you will be required to attend. All preschool children will be required to wear arm discs.
- Swimming Teachers will be required to teach from the poolside and maintain social distancing from pupils.
- Equipment is cleaned in between sessions. Visitors are encouraged to regularly use hand sanitiser/wash stations.
- No other activities will take place in the same pool when lessons are on. This helps to create additional space for lessons and maintain social distancing.
Will I have to queue outside to get in?
There may be a queue when you arrive, to help reduce the number of people in the building at one time, please arrive no earlier than five minutes before your session is due to begin.
Are changing/showering facilities available?
We ask that all swimmers arrive swim ready, showered and with costumes on underneath clothing.
Changing facilities will be available for a limited time after your lesson to dry and dress.
How long are swimming lessons?
Lessons will run for 25 minutes each to allow a change over time between classes. We ask that as soon as you have finished your lesson/activity, please leave the centre.
Will you be cleaning equipment in between sessions?
Where possible, swimmers will not share equipment. Where equipment is shared, there will be enhanced cleaning.
How will teachers maintain social distancing?
To assist with social distancing, swimming teachers will deliver lessons from the poolside. Swim teachers will not be able to help swimmers with hats or goggles, swimmers will need to arrive with these already fitted. All classes will adhere to maximum capacities and some classes may be allocated additional pool space.
Can I watch my child’s swimming lesson?
The availability for spectator areas will differ between each centre/ pool.
Generally, we politely request that parents/guardians of swimmers over 8 years old drop off and pick up from the centre only.
If this is difficult for you, please come and have a chat with us.
If you are spectating, please wear a face covering unless you are exempt.
Is public swimming be available during swimming lessons?
To limit the number of people using the pool facilities at one time, public swimming is not currently available during swimming lesson times.
Do I need to bring my own equipment for the swimming lessons?
We do encourage customers to bring their own equipment where possible, however we will continue to provide essential kit for swimming lessons. This will be cleaned between sessions.
Will you be offering private swimming lessons?
Private lessons will resume shortly after our group lessons, if you were previously attending, the team will be in touch about restarting your lessons.
What hygiene etiquette should I be following?
All customers are asked to maintain high levels of personal hygiene to keep both themselves and others safe. This includes:
- Washing and sanitising hands regularly
- Covering coughs and sneezes with tissues and disposing of them in a bin
- Maintaining a social distance with others
- Bring your own filled water bottle
- Avoid any unnecessary contact with surfaces
- Do not congregate with others before and after lessons
- Wear a face covering in public / communal areas
I have a question that isn’t covered here – who can I contact?
If there’s something we’ve not covered here, please ask in centre when you visit.
Alternatively you can contact us via our online form and we’ll come back to you as soon as we can.